Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Liverpool and Such

Yesterday, our group had a "free day," which actually means that we were extremely busy, but had the choice of how to be busy.

In the end, all of our group decided to visit Liverpool, which is most noted for being the home of the Beatles. After splitting off into smaller groups, we took various trains into the town, some through Bidston and some through Chester. I rode through Bidston and after arriving in Liverpool embarked on a shopping extravaganza for dancing dresses. A couple of us bought some nice clothes, which we wore later on in the evening. Unfortunately, there were only pubs and no dance clubs open that night, and the pubs were mainly filled with overly friendly men. It wasn't the best night, but Liverpool at least was fantastic.

I'll let Elizabeth talk about our arrival in Belfast, but I will give you this sad news myself: Unfortunately, there might be no more pictures on the blog. The computers at the hostel have no USB ports, which means I can't connect my computer to the Internet. There is a slight chance that we might be able to post pictures through an Internet cafe, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm so sorry for this inconvenience, but it's pretty unavoidable.

In any case, I am extremely exhausted and feel a little bit ill, so I think I will cut this post short tonight. I look forward to sharing out Belfast experiences with you, albeit sans photos.

2 comments:

Jane Redmond said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well ... hope you're resting when you can, although it sounds like you have caught "dance fever" !!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, not quite. It was a fun experience though, something I'll probably not be able to do again for quite some time.